Saturday 7 April 2012

Married on April's Fool

Dear Diary,
I've been wanting to write to you ever since that fascinating dream my mine. For one moment, I thought I was living the dream, so surreal, so tangible. I woke up in a hotel somewhere in Penang, quietly recollecting those fragments, wishing and hoping I could hold on to it for as long as I can. But sooner or later, those longingness started to disappear as life returns to its normalcy.

"Her smile, her smile, was perfect. That was all I was looking at, despite my tux and her beautifully decorated satin wedding dress, her veil hanging behind her head. There we were, standing in a place so magical, I could almost forget how it looked like. I remembered one of her many words "Our dream.. it came true". I remembered friends, family, colleagues, everyone cheering on us, music, no.. a symphony so melodious, there isn't a name for it. "

Thought it may seem like a moment entirely short, that dream lasted till the next morning. A second after I woke up thinking "its morning after our wedding night", I began to slowly take in reality that dreams are somewhat bitter-sweet. Somehow, I began to believe that marriage could be the most precious gift a human could ever want. I hope, but I fear as well.

Time and time I asked myself, does this dream mean anything? Is she real or fictitious? A character I created
as a result of events in the past? I've never seen her before, yet she showed remarkable resemblance to someone I so dearly have hurt.

Goodnight diary. 
Eileen 

No comments:

Post a Comment